All associates are encouraged to practice our established five management policies, observing together the freedom of associates to seek out a better way, the “challenging spirit,” and corporate sincerity-which serve as Honda’s corporate culture.
- Proceed always with ambition and youthfulness. As Honda associates we are born to challenge the obvious and take the risks. In pursuit of our ambitions, we challenge ourselves and those around us. When we achieve our dreams, we feel a true sense of accomplishment.
- Respect sound theory, develop fresh ideas and make the most effective use of time. Here in Honda, we strive to stay on the leading edge. As associates, we should create new ideas which are backed up by sound theory and consider the most efficient and effective ways to carry out our actions.
- Enjoy your work, and encourage open communications. Honda is a company environment in which each associate can take pride in his or her work and feel a sense of accomplishment. Each associate gains a sense of joy and pride while creativity and intellect is utilized to a full extent. In addition, feedback and information sharing are an effective tool for Honda’s continued success.
- Strive constantly for a harmonious flow of work. In Honda, we promote effective and efficient operations. As we experience a harmonious flow of work, we perceive a kind of rhythm and togetherness.
- Be ever mindful of the value of research and endeavor. We should always seek improvement and never be satisfied with what is. Here in Honda, we are trained to set a goal, not to fear failures, and take on the task in earnest. This becomes a source of energy and spirit for our company.